Friday, August 18, 2006

A Good Reason to STAY REFORMED!!

Ewww...I certainly hope this is not what the Blessed Virgin and God-bearer looked like!!

Ok, I'm not a big news guy. Pretty much all I get is whatever my Yahoo! page notes as important. This is one of those stories that was Yahoo!'s "top news stories" of the day. In my opinion, its a good reason to keep a healthy distance from the folly of Rome, as well as a real threat to the chocolate Easter Bunny cartel.

The main question in all of these stories, and for Catholicism in general, "Where's Christ?"
I know your popery arguments for praying to the Blessed Virgin and other Saints, but it is just not biblical. I know that your intentions are good and your desire to honor holy things, but remember, "the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth,"(Gen. 8:21) and
"Forever, O LORD, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens."(Psalm 119:89).

I can see nowhere in God's Word where He has told us to look to his lowly handmaiden in chocolate.

1 comment:

Preachrboy said...

Hail, Mary, full of sugar and caffeine.