Wednesday, April 18, 2007

An Easter Meditation

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth.
Job 19:25

What beautiful words from Job in the midst of his suffering. These are Easter words, words that we take comfort in and express the hope that gives our joy.

We know that no matter what, no matter what difficulties befall us, no matter how many times cars are stolen, no matter how much student loans we may have, no matter what kind of cancer the doctor said, our Redeemer lives!

This verse also gives us the Easter reason for our faith. I have been focusing on this verse in my evening devotions. As an antiphon between prayers it serves as a joyful reminder of the certainty and reality of our risen Lord Jesus Christ.

I pray this verse before and after reciting the 10 Commandments. For I know that my Redeemer lives, He has kept the Law perfectly for me. For I know that my Redeemer lives, I am able to live in His new live and follow His precepts.

I encourage you to meditate upon this verse these weeks of Easter. Not only Job 19:25, but the preceeding and following verses. It is not just our Lord who lives, but we who have life now in Him.

He lives and grants me daily breath; He lives, and I shall conquer death; He lives my mansion to prepare; He lives to bring me safely there!

No comments: