Thursday, March 20, 2008

Whose Grandpa are we talking about?

There has been a lot of talk about our Synod "not being your grandfather's church." Many people find this offensive and a sign of bad things to come. I, on the other hand, being a youngster and a new pastor, am greatly releaved that this is not my grandfather's church. My grandfather is the age of the men saying this is not "their grandfather's church." But do they not realize that they themselves are now grandfathers? I joyfully reject the church of these grandfathers. I give thanks that God in His infinite wisdom has given every man a brief season and I am hopeful that these grandfather's season is coming to a close. May it come quickly!

1 comment:

Whey Lay said...

Your insight on this made me smile. I'm one who generally takes issue with the statement "Not your grandpas church". (believing in the hosts of heaven and the communion of saints and all). As you pointed out it is ironic that the statement is only "cool" in the old Boomer, car commercial way.
God's Blessings to you and your family.
J. Krigbaum