Friday, April 21, 2006

St. Thomas


Stichera for the Aposticha (Tone 4)
What miraculous wonder, that lack of faith became conviction of faith; for Thomas exclaimed, "Unless I see, I will not believe." Wherefore, when he searched the side he spoke of the Godhead of the Incarnate, who is Son of God, and knew that he verily did suffer in the flesh, and thus cried proclaiming the Risen God, shouting in a loud voice, "My Lord and my God, glory to Thee."

What miraculous wonder, that grass should touch fire and be safe: for Thomas cast his hand into the fire of the side of Jesus Christ God, and was not consumed by touching Him. Verily, the obstinate soul turned with fervour to true faith, and he shouted from the depth of his spirit, Thou art my Master and my God who didst rise from the dead. Glory to Thee.

No comments: