Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Reformation Day!


On this Reformation day I will be wearing my Reformation red t-shirt that boldly states that Luther is indeed my "homeboy." One of my professors at the seminary asked what a "homeboy" was.
Noun
1.
homeboy - a fellow male member of a youth gang
member - one of the persons who compose a social group (especially individuals who have joined and participates in a group organization); "only members will be admitted"; "a member of the faculty"; "she was introduced to all the members of his family"
2.
homeboy - a male friend from your neighborhood or hometown
acquaintance, friend - a person with whom you are acquainted; "I have trouble remembering the names of all my acquaintances"; "we are friends of the family"*

I think he was glad that I am so down with Luther.

*Luther may be my homeboy, he was a man who was saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone, just like me. Christ, however, is not my "homeboy." He is the Lord of Life, the King of the Universe, the Son of God and Mary's Son, a He is the Alpha and Omega, etc. He is in a whole different class than "homeboy" and to call His such is disrespectful and borderline blasphemous. Just a little FYI.

No comments: